It’s the first boss in Gruul’s Lair. It comes with 4 adds, Kiggler the Crazed (Shaman), Blindeye the Seer (Priest), Olm the Summoner (Warlock) and Krosh Firehand (Mage). Karazhan geared guild should not have a problem to kill Maulgar, it’s all about tactics and a correct pull.Maulgar’s Abilities
- Arcing Smash: Hits all targets in a cone in front of Maulgar, deals 5000 to 12000 damage on plate.
- Whirlwind: Hits all nearby targets. Deals 7000 damage on plate. Slows Maulgar by 50%.
- Mighty Blow: Knocks the target back and deals 6000 to 11000 damage on plate.
Maulgar under 50% Hit Points
- Berserker Charge: Charges a random player, knocking the player back and dealing some damage.
- Intimidating Roar: Incapacitates the main tank for 8 seconds, and fears all other players within 8 yards for 8 seconds.
- Flurry: Maulgar decreases his damage significantly but increases his attack speed.
Kiggler the Crazed
- Arcane Explosion: Area of effect attack that deals 1750 to 2250 arcane damage to all targets within 30 yards. Also knocks all targets back and lowers threat.
- Arcane Shock: Ranged damage spell that deals 657 to 843 arcane damage. Also interrupts spell casting and disarms for 5 seconds.
- Greater Polymorph: Similar to the mage’s polymorph spell. Turns the target into a sheep for 10 seconds, regenerating health but preventing all actions. Undispellable.
- Lightning Bolt: Ranged damage spell that deals 1488 to 2012 nature damage.
Blindeye the Seer
- Greater Power Word: Shield: Casts a protective shield on himself that absorbs 25,000 damage. Renders him immune to stuns and spell interrupts.
- Prayer of Healing: Powerful healing spell that heals all ogres for 92500 to 107500 health. Four second cast, interruptible.
- Heal: Single-target healing spell with unlimited range. Heals for 46250 to 53750 health.
Olm the Summoner
- Dark Decay: Stacking damage over time spell. Deals 500 shadow damage every 2 seconds per stack. Undispellable.
- Summon Wild Felhunter: Summons a Wild Fel Stalker to his aid. The stalkers are vulnerable to Enslave Demon and Banish.
- Death Coil: Similar to the warlock ability. Deals 1750 to 2250 shadow damage, fears the the target for 3 seconds, and heals the caster for the amount of damage done.
- Greater Fireball: Deals 8550 to 9450 fire damage, unresistable. 3 second cast.
- Blast Wave: Deals 6013 to 6987 fire damage in a small radius around himself and slows those hit for 6 seconds.
- Spell Shield: Shields himself from magic, reducing all damage taken by 75%. Vulnerable to Spellsteal and any form of dispel.
You need 1 Main Tank, 2 off tanks, 1 Mage with High Stamina or PVP gear, 2 Hunters or 1 Mookin, 1 Warlock, 6-7 healers and the rest mix dps depending your guild setup.
The Main Tank takes Maulgar, the high stamina Mage takes the Kross Firehand, the hunters or the Moonkin takes Kiggler the Crazed, and the 2 off tanks the Priest and the Warlock.
The positioning must be done according to the image bellow. Missdirections will help for a correct pull. As you see in the image , the Mage and the Shaman are tanked where they start, but Maulgar and the Warlock+Priest must be tanked away from each other and from their starting position.The fight starts with a firebolt by the mage
Killing order is Priest - Warlock - Shaman - Mage - Maulgar
Time to assign healers… 1 healer to the Mage tank, 1 healer to the Hunters tank, 2 healers to the Main Tank, 1 healer to Priest tank and finally 1 healer to the Warlock. If you have a 7th healer assign him for Raid Healing. When a mini boss is dead, the healers should focus on the Main Tank and the Mage tank.
- Blindeye the Seer
- As the priest doesn’t hit hard, a DPS warrior is a fine option to tank him
- He’s valnurable to stuns so Rogues must do their best to keep him stunned to avoid healings
- He’s also valnurable to counterspell/silencing shot/Shield bash/Kick/Curse of Tongues and Mind numbing poison
- Olm the Summoner
- Enslave the demons he summons that will help tanking him. They do high damage, they have a taunt ability and a debuff removal Olm puts on some members.
- Kiggler the Crazed
- He can be tanked by 2 hunters or a Moonkin.
- Nature Resistance and/or Arcane Resistance is mitigating his damage .
- Krosh Firehand
- Tanked by a mage with high stamina or PVP gear. He must use spellsteal when Firehand’s shield is up, otherwise he ’s doing 6k damage.
- When it’s time tokill Krosh Firehand, no Arcane Shot must be used by the hunters.
- High King Maulgar
- Tremor totem and Fearward on the Main Tank when his life is under 50%
Pauldrons of the Fallen Defender
Pauldrons of the Fallen Hero
Pauldrons of the Fallen Champion
Hammer of the Naaru
Malefic Mask of the Shadows
Brute Cloak of the Ogre-Magi
Belt of Divine Inspiration
Badge of Justice x2
Tags: Gruul's Lair, hunters tank, mage tank, maulgar, moonkin tank, t4 shoulders
Filed under: Gruul's Lair on July 2nd, 2008