It’s the 5th boss in Zul’aman. It’s much more difficult than the 4 first bosses. Lower Geared Guilds will usually use 4 healers for this fight.
- Casts Spirit Bolts on the raid. Damage increases with each soul drain.
- Every minute or so he will drain everyone of their power by 1% and giving it to himself, thus increasing his size and his damage by 10%. Places a stacking debuff on players that decreases their damage.
- Randomly casts soul drain on a raid member, absorbing the character’s abilities and amplifying their power. The possible soul drains are:
- Druid - Lifebloom, Thorns, Moonfire
- Hunter - Explosive Trap, Freezing Trap, Snake Trap
- Mage - Fireball, Frostbolt, Frost Nova, Ice Lance
- Paladin - Consecration, Holy Light, Avenging Wrath
- Priest - Heal, Mind Control, Mind Blast, Shadow Word: Death, Psychic Scream, Pain Suppression
- Rogue - Blind, Slice and Dice, Wound Poison
- Shaman - Fire Nova Totem, Healing Wave, Chain Lightning
- Warlock - Curse of Doom, Rain of Fire, Unstable Affliction
- Warrior - Spell Reflection, Whirlwind, Mortal Strike
- Thurg - An ogre melee. Sap, trap or polymorph can be used. Thurg has some magic resistance and will often break polymorph and traps early.
- Alyson Antille - A blood elf priest. Can be polymorphed or sapped. Her heals need to be interrupted.
- Lord Raadan - A dragonkin which uses flamebreath and thunderclap. Can be slept or trapped. Due to his AoE abilities killing him is highly recommended.
- Slither - A serpent with a poison bolt volley. Can be slept or polymorphed.
- Gazakroth - An imp. Chain casts fireballs. Banish or kill it quickly. He has no aggro list and will target players at random.
- Fenstalker - A swampwalker type elemental. Can be banished. Casts Volatile Infection on a player, dealing 1885 to 2115 Nature damage to nearby allies every 5 sec for 30 seconds.
Far Right (Shacklable)
- Darkheart - An undead wraith melee with an AoE Fear. Can be shackled or feared by a Paladin (Turn Evil).
- Koragg - An undead wight. Can be shackled or feared by a paladin.
For this fight you’ll need:
Main Tank: preferably a warrior cause it’s soul drain is the easiest one.
Off Tank: A druid will do this job very nice. He can switch to cat form when the 2 adds are killed.
Healers: You’ll need a main healer who will be dedicated to the tank. The rest 2-3 healers should be Circle of Healing Priests and Resto Shamans for AoE Healing during spirit bolts.
DPS: You’ll need 2 dps to spam CC spells on the 2 mobs you’ll leave alive (Mages, Moonkins, Shadow Priest). A rogue is very usefull for the healing interrupts.
The Main Tank starts the fight by pulling malacrass. You have to cc 3 of the 4 mobs in the start. The offtank picks the non controlled mob and the raid starts nuking it. Same tactic with the 2nd mob and then the raid focus Malacrass. Ranged DPS classes and Healers should stay close for AoE Healing through spirit bolts. Putting marks on the AoE Healers really helps. The Raid Leader must announce what class has been soul drained to make things easier. Fast dispells, getting away from Concecration/Whirwind/Thorns/Rain of Fire, interrupting heals and spamming CC abilities are the keys for an easy kill.
Paladin: Improved Concentraction Aura is a plus on this fight. Most PVP paladins will already have it on their spec.
Shaman: Earth Shield on yourself to avoid interrupts through spirit bolts. Earthshocks interrupt Malacrass healings. Use Heroism when Malacrass has soul drained an easy class so it will really boost the total dps.
Priest: Circle of Healing is very useful in this fight. Buff with Shadow Resistance the whole raid.
Mages: You can spellsteal Lifebloom and Avenging Wrath abilities. Dampen Magic helps.
Cloak of Ancient Rituals
Coif of the Jungle Stalker
Dagger of Bad Mojo
Girdle of Stromgarde’s Hope
Hex Lord’s Voodoo Pauldrons
Hex Shrunken Head
Hood of Hexing
Hood of the Third Eye
Staff of Primal Fury
Tiny Voodoo Mask
Tome of Diabolic Remedy
Badge of Justice x3
Tags: hex lord malacrass loots, hex lord malacrass tactics, hex lord malacrass videos, how to hex lord malacrass
Filed under: Zul'Aman on May 16th, 2008