Zul’jin is the last boss of Zul’aman Instance. He drops 133 & 138 level items. Zul’jin will be able to draw upon the ghostly spirits of each of the four liberated animal gods from the instance and change his own shape to assume their powers. Every 20% of his health, he switches form.
Phase 1 - Troll Form
- Whirlwind: AoE channeled attack which deals roughly 8000 unmitigated physical damage and lasts for 2 seconds.
- Grievous Throw: Deals 4750 to 5250 unmitigated physical damage and places a non-dispellable DoT on the target inflicting 2375 damage every 2 seconds until the target is fully healed.
Just nuke the boss till 80%. Melee class should avoid Whirlwind as you can’t loose a melee class too early. You’ll need them at Phase 3. No dots should be on the boss when he switches to Bear Form.
Phase 2 - Bear Form
- Creeping Paralysis: Places a debuff on the entire raid. After six seconds, afflicted players will suffer 3923 to 4577 Nature damage and gain the debuff Paralyzed. Paralyzed players are stunned for 4s. Both debuffs are dispellable magic effects.
- Overpower: Similar to a warrior’s Overpower, he can use this ability whenever an attack is on his primary melee target is dodged, he can use an instant attack that causes roughly 5000 to 6000 damage on a main tank.
Same as Phase 1
You’ll need a Priest to mass Dispell Creeping Paralysis. Since 2.4 patch Mass Dispell affects 10 friendly targets. The main tank must be dispelled asap as when some is Paralyzed cannot parry/dodge/block. The tank must not wear dodge trinkets like Moroes’ Lucky Pocket Watch & Commendation of Kael’thas. Do as much dps as you can when Zul’jin switches to Eagle Form, use dots etc.
Phase 3 - Eagle Form
- Energy Storm: Players afflicted by this debuff will be Zapped and take 1250 Nature damage every time they cast or use any ability with a mana cost.
- Summon Cyclone: Four Feather Vortexes spawn, they look like tornadoes and move around. If a player touches one he will suffer roughly 1000 Nature damage and be knocked back.
Tornados move to one person, hit them once, and start moving towards another person. Healers must use their Max Rank Greater Heals/Holy Lights etc. Melee class & Hunters should dps the boss as they don’t get dmg from Energy Storm but they should watch for Tornados. A person will eventually die when he will get trapped between a Cyclone and the Fire Wall. Warlocks should use Curse of Doom, Drain Life and Siphon Life.
Phase 4 - Lynx Form
- Claw Rage: Zul’jin focuses a random player other than the tank, and hits him 12 times with Claw Rage in about 6s. The first strike deals 500 damage. Every strike applies the stackable debuff Claw Rage, which increases the damage taken by consecutive attacks by 150. Thus, the second hit deals 650, the third 800, and so on. The last hit deals 2150 damage, for a total of 16k. Claw Rage attacks cannot miss, be dodged, parried, or blocked. If the focused player feigns/vanishes/etc, Zul’jin will then focus the tank.
- Lynx Rush: Zul’jin will use this attack nine times in a row in quick succession. Every attack targets a random player, which can be anyone in the raid and the same player can be targetted for multiple hits. Lynx Rush deals 2138 to 2362 unmitigated physical damage and afflicts a debuff dealing 1500 physical damage every 2 seconds for 10 seconds.
Healers must act quickly during the Claw Rage. When Ice block or Divine Shield is used, announce it on Voice Chat/Ventrillo so the healers should heal again the Highest Aggro Person (hopefully the tank). Lynx Rush cooldown is almost 30 seconds and Claw Rage is 20 seconds.
Phase 5 - Dragonhawk Form
- Flame Whirl: He gains this buff, rotates for 2s, then deals 919 to 1181 partially resistable Fire damage to the entire raid. This will also apply the Flame Whirl debuff, lasting for 35 seconds increases Fire damage taken by 50% and stacking up to ten times. This debuff cannot be resisted or dispelled. This skill has a 12s cooldown.
- Flame Breath: A cone that has a long range but a small width, this does about 4-5k to people in a single line as well as periodic fire damage. It is important to minimize its damage by spreading out appropriately.
- Pillar of Fire: Zul’jin will summon a Column of Fire on top of a random player (or pet), causing anyone within 4 yards of the pillar to Burn for 900 tp 1100 Fire damage every second for 10 seconds. There can be up to 3 columns at the same time.
Same as Phase 1.
Everyone will get a buffet like debuff every so often, increasing fire damage taken. He will choose random people throughout the raid and place a beam of fire on them. They may take lots of damage due to the debuff, so move out of these beams ASAP. It’s a simple phase if people are good at staying out of void zones. Spread out so only one person is hit at the same time. Flame Breath will hit the tank for more and more fire damage due to the debuff, so DPS him down as fast as you can. The tank needs to build threat fast, but also stay focused to move out of the beams quickly. Melee stay in his back to avoid getting hit by Flame Breath.
Ancient Aqir Artifact
Ancient Amani Longbow
Blade of Twisted Visions
Chestguard of the Warlord
Cleaver of the Unforgiving
Hauberk of the Empire’s Champion
Jin’rohk, The Great Apocalypse
Loop of Cursed Bones
Blood of Zul’jin
Badge of Justice x 3
Tags: Badge of Justice, bear form, boss tactics, dragonhawk form, eagle form, lynx form, troll form, ZA, Zul'Aman, zul'aman drops, zul'jin, zul'jin phases, zul'jin tactics, zul'jin videos
Filed under: Zul'Aman on May 3rd, 2008