When you kill Nalorakk return to the previous platform and move east. There are several packs between Nalorakk and Jan’alai, but the most important thing you must be aware of, is Amani’shi Scouts. They are patrol mobs, spawning from Huts along the path to Jan’alai. You must kill them asap, to save time for time event. They have only 12k-15k health.
- Flame Breath: A cone that has a long range but a small width, this does about 4-5k to people in a single line as well as periodic fire damage. It is important to minimize its damage by spreading out appropriately.
- Fire Bomb: He will periodically teleport raid members to him who are too far away. He will then begin spawning “time bombs” randomly throughout his area. After approximately 10 seconds they will blow up dealing fire damage in a 5-yard area. During this time, he puts up Fire Wall on the outer ring of his area so you cannot escape.
- Summon Amani’shi Hatcher: About every 90 seconds during the fight he calls two Amani’shi Hatchers which will run to a side and begin hatching eggs into Amani Dragonhawk Hatchlings at an increasing rate: starting with one egg, and doubling every time. After spawning all of one side, the Amani’shi Hatcher will move to the other side and begin spawning on that side if not killed.
- Hatch All Eggs: At 35% health all the remaining eggs will spawn. It is important to allow Hatchers to break a few eggs throughout the fight and the kill the Dragonhawk Hatchlings before killing the Hatchers.
- Enrage: Increases attack speed by 50% and damage by 50%. The boss uses this either after five minutes or when he is down to 25% hitpoints, whichever comes first. This differs from his ten minute Enrage, which is intended as a raid wipe for allowing the fight to continue too long.
Main Tank: Random
Off tank: Protection Paladin
3 healers: Holy Paladin, Restoration Druid, Holy Priest
5 DPS: Warlock, Fire Mage, Rogue, Random, Random
It can work with most setups, but the one above it makes it easier.
The MT tanks Jan’alai where he stands. The holy paladin is dedicated to the MT, and occasionally uses holy lights and Blessing of Protection to AoE Classes. Jan’alai spawns 2 hatchers every 90 seconds. Your rogue must kill the one hatcher before starting hatching eggs. You leave the other one to do his job until half eggs are hatched and then you kill him. Your offtank stands on the bridge of the platform and spams Concecration trying to tank as many birds as he cans. Then your dps class start hitting the birds like crazy. Nova and traps are very useful to give some time both to offtank and the AoE classes. Repeat the same strategy 4 times (2 for each side) and then focus on Jan’alai. The Priest and the Druid healers must uses HoTs on the raid till Jan’alai enrages. Then all healers are healing the MT.
- Fire Bomb explosions have only a 5-yard area of effect, so it is fairly easy to avoid taking any damage by properly positioning yourself properly, even in some cases you may be seemingly surrounded by bombs.
- Hatchlings deal light melee damage and cast a stacking Flame Buffet that increases fire damage taken, which can stack indefinitely. They have rather low HP and can be trapped, feared, frozen, and killed using AOE or single target attacks.
- You can reset the fight, by simply moving down the stairs.
Bulwark of the Amani Empire
Footpads of Madness
Helm of Natural Regeneration
Shadowtooth Trollskin Cuirass
Enamelled Disc of Mojo
Wub’s Cursed Hexblade
Formula: Enchant Weapon - Executioner
Badge of Justice x2
Tags: , Jan'alai, Jan'alai guide, Jan'alai strategy, Jan'alai video, Zul'Aman, Zul'aman strategy
Filed under: Zul'Aman on April 7th, 2008