Halazzi, the Amani lord of lynxes, is the 4th boss in Zul’Aman raid. You can skip Jan’Alai and go for Halazzi if you’re lacking of AoE tank/dps. The fight consists of three phases. When Halazzi’s health drops by 25% he splits into his Troll Spirit and a Spirit of the Lynx. Once either Troll’s life or Spirit’s life reach to 20%, Halazzi will appear again and you start dpsing him again.
- Frenzy — Increases Attack Speed. Can be Tranquilized.
- Saber Lash — Deals 12,000-18,000 damage (on geared tanks) split between two targets.
- Corrupted Lightning Totem: A totem dealing 5,000 Nature damage that trails to nearby players. Must be killed as soon as possible.
- Flame Shock: A powerful Flame Shock dealing 3,800-4,200 Fire damage as well as dealing 2,498-2,902 Fire damage every 3 seconds for 12 seconds. It can and should be dispelled.
- Enrage — Increased melee damage.
- Totems, as in Phase 2.
It’s very important to have a Hunter in your raid, he casts tranquilizing shot and reduces Halazzi’s damage. Also it’s recommended to have a Druid Main Tank as Halazzi doesn’t perform Crushing blows. Shadow Priest is also must for his mana & health regeneration, will do healers job much easier. Finally, having a Resto Druid as your third healer is helpful, because he can keep full stacks of Lifebloom on both tanks and innervate one of the healers.
It’s very important, in the begining, both tanks must run to Halazzi’s area, cause if Saber Lash hits only 1 target, even a well geared tank will die. When Halazzi gains frenzy, hunter must use his Tranquilizing Shot. If you don’t have a hunter in your raid, it’s wise tanks to use their trinkets. Melee class should stay behind Halazzi to prevent Saber Lash hit them. Assign healers as usual, 1 to Main tank, 1 to Off-tank, 1 to the raid.
In the start of Phase 2, all raid received almost 4k damage. Rogues can avoid that damage by using Cloak of Shadows. Off-tank must act very quickly and taunt the Lynx and start tanking it. Dps classes must use a macro for the Corrupted Lightning Totem.
/cast [target=corrupted lightning totem,exists] [target=Halazzi,exists] YourSpell; YourSpell
The totem has 8900 life so most likely you’ll kill it in 2 seconds if you use the macro above. Just replace YourSpell with your class main spell eg. Steady shot for hunters, Frostbolt for mages etc. All raid must receive heals immediately and have at least over 4,5k life cause Earth Shock or Flame Shock will kill them. Don’t forget the Flame shock leaves a magic buff and must be dispelled right way (something like Maiden in Karazhan does).
Most guilds prefer to kill Troll Spirit cause it’s easier to kill the totems. Tanks don’t receive too much damage in this phase, so assign 2 healers for the raid, and 1 for the tanks.
- As Saber Lash is positionally determined, not threat-based, off tank can receive Blessing of Protection from a Paladin Healer, or if he’s Protection Paladin he can use Divine Shield to prevent his damage.
- Halazzi and Spirit Lynx are tauntable.
- Main Tank must have over 18.000 life as if you’re enough unlucky he will die before receive a heal.
- If you do the Time Event, you get the bear mount, Amani War Bear
Robe of Departed Spirits
Shoulderpads of Dancing Blades
Spaulders of the Advocate
The Savage’s Choker
Badge of Justice x2
Formula: Enchant Weapon - Executioner
Tags: Amani War Bear, Halazzi, Macros, Saber Lash, Tranquilizing Shot, Zul'Aman
Filed under: Zul'Aman on March 25th, 2008