Akil’zon is an eagle avatar and it’s the 2nd easier boss in Zul’Aman. Most Karazhan farming guilds should kill him.
- Summon Amani Eagle - an ability to call forth Soaring Eagles which have Eagle Swoop.
- Static Disruption (Nature) - deals 3500 damage to target and those within a close range of the target. After the damage is dealt it will leave a debuff that causes nature damage taken to be increased by 25% that lasts 20 seconds, but does not cause further damage to surrounding members.
- Call Lightning (Nature) - deals 3800 - 4200 damage.
- Gust of Wind - throws target up in the air. Upon target falling, deals half target’s full health in damage.
- Electrical Storm - channeled spell that raises a target into the air and places a cloud over them. The cloud then strikes everyone not under it approximately each second. Each strike hits harder - first strike for 800 - 1200 nature damage, second for 1600 - 2400, third for 2400 - 3600, fourth for 3200 - 4800, etc. Lasts approximately 7-8 seconds. (Occurs every 45-60 seconds)
- Enrage Timer - After approximately 8 minutes he will enrage, increasing his damage dealt by 500%. He must be downed before the enrage.
This fight is all about positioning. When your raid members understand where should move before and after Electrical Storm, Akil’zon will move to your farm status list.
The setup of your 10man raid should be 1 tank, 3 healers and 6 dps classes.
Your MT tanks Akil’zon in the middle of the square. All members should spread around the tank, they must be away from others at least 8 yards to avoid damage from Static Disruption. When 5 seconds needed for the Electrical Storm all should move to the safe spot (check red X in the image below).
When the Electrical storm ends, all members should take their previous position. It’s Recomended for a healer to stay there all the time so he will heal your MT during these seconds the other healers move.
You have 8 minutes to kill the Akil’zon, cause after this he enrages and your tank will die with one shot.
Hunters: Use the Nature resistance aspect
Shamans: Use the Nature resistance totem
Badge of Justice x2
Brooch of Nature’s Mercy
Signet of Ancient Magics
Bloodstained Elven Battlevest
Chestguard of Hidden Purpose
Formula: Enchant Weapon - Executioner
Filed under: Zul'Aman on February 13th, 2008