It’s the first boss in the Zul’Aman Raid.
- No Crushing Blows
- Enrages after 10 minutes of pulling him. (Raid Warning: Berserker Rage)
- Mangle: All bleed effects cause 100% additional damage.
- Surge: An Attumen-like Charge ability, hits plate ~1500, hits cloth ~3500
- Brutal Swipe: A cleave-like ability which does around 14k damage on plate, divided evenly among up to 2 targets.
- Lacerating Slash: Bleeding for 1735 damage every 2 sec. (18 sec duration)
- Rend Flesh: Bleeding for 2335 damage every 1 sec. (5 sec duration)
- Deafening Roar: Deals 1235 to 1365 physical damage and silences enemies for 2 sec.
There are 4 trash packs before Nalorakk that you need to clear. The setup of your 10man Raid should be 2 tanks (preferably one Druid), 3 healers (preferably one Druid for hots), and 5 dps. Nalorakk is tauntable in both forms, so your tanks should taunt him, whenever changes forms. The aggro doesn’t reset, so your dps classes keep doing damage all the time. If taunts are done properly, one tank will have Mangle, and the other one will suffer from bleeding effects. During bear form, Nalorakk silences the party for 2 seconds, that’s why you need a HoTs healer. I haven’t tested it yet, but it could be helpful your holy paladin to have improved Concentration Aura up.
If you can keep your tank during the silence ability, and the tanks taunt Nalorakk on time when he transforms, it’s a pretty easy loot. If you don’t wipe, it’s most likely that you’ll get the chest loot too.
Paladins: Improved Concentration Aura
Mages: Amplify Magic to everyone
Warriors: if you’re Dwarf, you can Stoneform to avoid bleeding effects
Filed under: Zul'Aman on February 11th, 2008