It’s the 2nd boss of the Eye instance and the easiest one. You can pass Al’ar but you have to clear his trash mobs. Totally you’ll need 1 hour to reach Void Reaver and you’ll have 5-6 tries before respawned mobs.
- Melee: Hits 3000–4000 damage on tanks.
- Pounding: Pounding is a point blank range area of effect attack that is channeled for 3 seconds, inflicting 1350–2250 arcane damage (resistible) every second to targets in an 18 yard range.
- 12 second cooldown
- Arcane Orb: Random secondary attack that targets where a player is standing. Deals 4675–6325 arcane damage in a 20 yard radius, also silences the area for 6 seconds. This is resistable, but not partially; it is a Binary spell.
- Doesn’t target melee
- 3 second cooldown
- Knock Away: Single Target knock back, reduces aggro
- 30 second cooldown
- Only targets 1st on aggro list
- Becomes enraged after 10 minutes.
You’ll need 4 tanks for this fight, as the knock back ability of Void Reavers, reduces the aggro of the first on the threat list. The raid must spread around Void Reaver at max range in order to have enough time to avoid Arcane Orbs. The fight begins with a misdirection on Main Tank by a hunter. It’s nice to have 4 hunters in the raid in order to misdirect every tank, to keep their aggro up, and hunter’s aggro low. All classes must use threat reduction abilities, Vanish, Soulshatter, Invisibility and Feign Death. You have 10 minutes to beat Void Reaver, which means 10% of his life every 1 minute. After he becomes enraged and pratically the fight is over.
Tips & Notes
Melee members must have some arcane resistance to avoid some dmg from Pounding.
Hunter’s pets must be retalented, with max Arcane Resistance, so a single mend pet every minute shall keep pet alive.
Void Reaver is immune to poisons, drain life, siphon life, death coil, and mana draining.
You can reset the fight, if all members run to the door.
You must set your camera height at maximum so you’ll be able to spot arcane orbs coming next to you. Deadly boss mod will help a lot, as when an arcane orb is coming, its target is being marked with a SKULL.
It’s an easy fight, enjoy your t5 shoulders
Filed under: The Eye on November 7th, 2007