Attumen the huntsman is the first boss you’ll face at the Karazhan raid. Below you’ll find his abilities, a strategy how to beat him, and a video tutorial.
Abilities of Attumen the Huntsman
- Melee: 1.6k - 2.1k on tank, 8k on cloth. Disarming is recommended.
- Shadow Cleave: Cleave attack for around 4k.
- Intangible Presence: Casts every 30 seconds a wide-area curse that reduces chance to hit with melee attacks, ranged attacks and spells by 50%. Dispellable.
- Mount: When Attumen or Midnight is at 25%, he will mount Midnight. This will heal Attumen to the same health as Midnight if he is lower, as well as reset all aggro. Attumen and Midnight must be in line of sight (LoS) to use this ability. If they are not in LoS, Attumen will despawn and the encounter will have to be reset.
- Berserker Charge: After Attumen is mounted, he periodically does a charge on a chosen target. This does over 6k on cloth, and causes a knockdown effect.
- Phase 1
The fight starts with Midnight only (his horse). Your off tank has to tank him where he stands. This phase is quick and ends at 95% of Midnight’s hit points
- Phase 2
The huntsman is summonned near Midnight, and your main tank have to tank him away from the rest raid members and the off tank. This phase lasts until huntsman’s health is below 25%.
- Phase 3
Huntsman and Midnight become one, and your main tank has to take aggro quick as the aggro list is reseted. The rest raid must stay behind Huntsman 20+ yards.
Some hints & tips for each spec.
Warrior: Both bosses are immune to taunt and bleed effects. Use disarm as much as possible.
Rogue: Both bosses are immune to bleed effects.
Mage: Remove the aoe curse from Huntsman, use amplify to each raid membe.
Druid: Remove the aoe curse from Huntsman, both bosses are immune to bleed effects.
Warlock: Use curse of weakness on both bosses.
Hunter: Stay with the rest of the group otherwise you’ll get charged.
Paladin: BoS would be ok for mages and warlocks.
Video - How to Attumen the Huntsman
Filed under: Karazhan on October 26th, 2007